Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Orange you glad...

Did you grow up with those same knock knock jokes? You know, the ones that end with "Orange you glad I didn't say banana?" Or something like that. I used to love knock knock jokes.
*
Anyways...
*
You know in the movie Sleepless In Seattle, where Meg Ryan can peel an apple with the peel in one piece?? Has anyone else aspired to doing this? I have never forgotten that scene, and have secretly wished I could do the same. I feel like peeling the apple (is that considered peeling?) and an orange are pretty much in the same category. And today I peeled not only ONE tangelo in one piece, but TWO! IN A ROW nonetheless. I was thrilled! Check that off my bucket list please...


SO glad I spent the $3 on my bag of tangelos yesterday. We have already eaten a ton! These little suckers are delicious. Gator doesn't agree, and Maister only agrees about 1/2 the time. But fortunately I can gladly eat whatever they don't. If they eat the tangelo WIN, if they don't and I get to eat it, WIN! I love me a WIN WIN situation. And this truly is that!

Today I ran 5 miles at a 8 minute pace. Here was the breakdown:

Mile 1: 8:13
Mile 2: 7:41
Mile 3: 7:47
Mile 4: 7:41
Mile 5: 8:00

As I said after Monday's run, I can usually really bring it home on my last mile, but I have been feeling exhausted-to say the least!

Jay says I need to get to bed earlier, so I will work on that. Whatever it takes so I can actually ENJOY my morning runs again. I always anticipate my runs, but this week has been different. Hopefully Friday will hold a brighter day. Speaking of BRIGHTER, it was blue skies here today. I am sooo ready for Spring and wearing flip flops again!

3 comments:

  1. AHHH!! I am so glad you found me because I am LOVING your blog!! Girl, you are gorgeous!! OH, I LOVE CHELS!!! K, we should go running some time together (if you are in Utah)... I go to bed so early ha! GREAT WORKOUT! Yay for new blog friends. Tangelos are like crack!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Great accomplishments! Super great run and amazing tangelo peeling! :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete