Monday, January 31, 2011

A New Run

I went for a run this morning, unfortunately it was HARD to get up. This mornings run was unusal as it was hard the whole run. I was exhausted, and my longest mile was my last mile which is weird, for me. I only ran 4 miles which is mild for my current training, and it was just never easy. I don't know what it was, but I just felt in a funk. Hopefully my next run goes better!

So I ran 4 miles at a 7:52 pace. Not too bad. I am pleased with that. Though it isn't as good as the pace my Nike+ lied to me about for the past few weeks! Fortunatley, I think my recent calibration has fixed that problem!

It was foggy outside when I left this morning. Actually kind of creepy. I could see probably 200ish feet in front of me. Which was plenty for running, but just a little freaky looking. It was so cold that I ran the rest of the run with icicles - that is right - ICICLES on my eye lashes! Every time I blinked I could see them a little better, and I could see them out the corner of my eye. I suppose it was a good distraction from how I was feeling :)

When I got home I did about 10-15 minutes of strength training, and then took at LONG, HOT, shower.

I ended the night with 30 minutes of step, 2980 steps while I watched some Bachelor. What is it about that show that sucks you in???

*
How did your Monday work out go?
*
Have you ever run with icicles on your eyelashes?
I have a couple times, and it think it is cool :)

2 comments:

  1. Do you actually COUNT the steps or how does that work? I'd love to do some step while veggin. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do step on my WiiFit. So it does all the counting. All I have to do is step to the beat, and watch something good on TV! I love feeling productive while I watch a show. The time really flies!

    ReplyDelete