Wednesday, March 16, 2011

From the Kitchen: Healthy Barbecue Chicken Burgers

I wish I had some picture to share today, but we scarfed down our dinner too quickly to take any pictures! I suppose that is a complement from the family. I threw together a little something for dinner tonight and wanted to share it with you! Plus, I need to write it down before I forget :)

Healthy Barbecue Chicken Burgers
Serves 4

2 chicken breasts
2/3 cup barbecue sauce (plus a little more for drizzling) --we used Kinders - DELISH!
3 TBSP red onion, minced
1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
4 pineapple rings, or some pineapple tidbits
4 whole wheat burger buns

Place chicken breasts in greased slow cooker. In a bowl mix barbecue sauce, onion, and carrot together. Pour over the chicken and set cooker to low. Let cook for 4-5 hours
A little over half way through cooking, shred the chicken and allow it to continue cooking and marinating in the sauce.
To serve, place some shredded chicken on a toasted bun. Place 1 pineapple ring on of the chicken and then drizzle a little barbecue sauce over top. Place top bun on, and take a big bite!

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment