Thursday, January 20, 2011

Open Face Enchiladas

I switched our menu up because I had forgotten I bought everything to make these Black Bean, Cheese, and Lime Chicken Enchiladas. So last night I threw it all together and enjoyed these with mango salsa:

YUM! I really enjoyed them and so did the kiddos. Not to mention they are pretty healthy. SCORE! I gave Maister a taste of the lime chicken before I put it in the enchilada mix and all she said was "yum!" That put a smile on my face.

Here is the recipe so you can enjoy it too:

Black bean and Chicken Open Face Enchiladas
adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod

10 corn tortillas
1 big can of red enchilada sauce
1 15oz can low sodium black beans, rinsed and drained
1 4 or 7 oz can diced green chilies
1 small onion
1 tsp cumin
1 Chicken breast
Olive oil
1 lime
salt and pepper
1 clove garlic
Mix of monterey and cheddar cheese - as much as you want!

I don't measure thesee ingredients. I just mix until it looks and smells good. Mix olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper, and 1 clove garlic. brush it over a chicken breast and allow to marinate for about 15 minutes. Grill and dice in small pieces.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13 baking pan.

In a small bowl mix the chicken, beans, chilies, onion, cilantro, cumin, and s&p.

In a small casserole dish spread some of the enchilada sauce and dip the tortillas before you roll them to keep them moist so they won't crack. Mine totally cracked anyways, so I just didn't roll them and kind of folded the tops over as much as I could. But they were more "open face enchiladas."

Spread the filling in each tortilla, sprinkle a little cheese inside. Then just place them side by side in the pan. Pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the top. Then sprinkle with more cheese and cilantro. Bake for aboug 20mins. It should start bubbling and smell divine.
Chopped fresh cilantro

No comments:

Post a Comment