Friday, January 14, 2011

Morning Run

I started off the day with a fabulous 7.73 mile run at about a 7:35 pace. I can't remember the exact seconds... That does include waiting at a stop light FOREVER. I swear I was waiting a minute or so. Which when you are running, it totally bites to have to wait for the light to change for even 10 seconds. I kept moving, but this particular intersection is really busy and has this weird island thing that has the cross walk button. So I couldn't keep running on and off of the island because of the cars, so I just walked quickly around it in circles. I am sure I looked ridiculous.
The only bad news from today is that my knee is hurting. I don't know why it is acting up again. Frustrating. I am icing it as I type this post. I haven't felt this much knee pain since November. Hopefully the ice will do the trick.

I have been starving pretty much all day. I didn't eat before my run this morning, and that was a bad decision. As I was running, and my stomach felt like it was eating all of my other organs, I decided I would always eat before my runs from now on. I have been trying to catch up on calories all day, but it has been so busy that I haven't done a very good job. In fact, it is 11:30pm and I am still starving. So not good.

Stay tuned, as I have an exciting update I will post this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment