Sunday, January 23, 2011

Weekend Fun

I took Saturday day off of running to try and heal my foot and knee. I was dying to go for a run on Saturday as the weather was fantastic! The sun finally decided to shine, and you didn't even need a jacket. But I decided it was better to get my body back closer to 100% instead of making the problems worse. My foot is finally feeling better thanks to several foot massages from my J. And my knee is currently resting under a bed of ice. I can't wait to hit the pavement tomorrow morning! I have four miles on my training schedule for tomorrow. It should be an easy going run to warm me up for the rest of the week.

Saturday we cleaned, pulled weeds, and cleaned some more. Then J, Maister and I headed to the Nike Outlet while my sister in-law watched Gator (read: while sister in-law and Gator both napped). We got some slick shoes for Gator to grow into, and J may have talked me into picking up a little something. I will post on it after I try it out on the run tomorrow. I can't wait!

The Nike Outlet just had a new neighbor move in; Ghirardelli Chocolate Store

mmm. Here is only a sampling of the loot we picked up:
That gold one was Egg Nog. It tasted exactly like egg nog. I could have passed :) My favorite we have tried so far was the chocolate peanut butter. But that is really no surprise since I practically inhaled THE cake from a few weeks ago.

For our date we went for chinese food with some friends, watched the BYU vs. CSU game, and followed it with some grocery shopping. Romantic. Actually it was great. J was on the phone, so I didnt' have to worry about in throwing random things into my cart, and he just followed me around the store while I shopped away. We had a whole chat before we began our shopping about how we are on a budget and he can't throw in stuff or it is going to throw me off for the rest of the month... Secretly I usually think it is cute when he throws things in. He always buys the "fun" stuff, aka the stuff I will never buy. I am sure the kids will beg for him to do the grocery shopping when they are older.

What did you do this weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment