Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Winter Garden

Today I feel grateful that I live in a place where I can enjoy a "winter garden." This week we were able to go in our back yard and pick these beauties:

The big ones are meyer lemons, which I have been more than excited about! And the little ones are called lemon quats or something like that. I am not sure what I will do with them. But the worst case scenario is that I throw them down my disposal so my kitchen will smell lemony fresh!
As for the big ones, I have been debating what to make. My husband isn't a huge lemon lover, but I on the other hand love everything lemon. Whenever I read cookbooks, I always take a 2nd and 3rd look at the lemon dishes. I have had my eye on a lemon cake for quite some time. Or I could whip up so lemon chicken, or lemon pasta, oh my the possibilities are endless! I will be sure to post about whatever I do finally make.
I'll be honest, the cake is probably going to happen....sorry hunny :)

No comments:

Post a Comment