Monday, January 3, 2011

Lunch Bunch

We rhyme a lot around our house. I suppose it is our nerdy way of teaching our daughter about different words and their sounds. This has definitely helped her, as she makes up her own hilarious rhymes now. My personal favorite is when she is talking to hubby's friend Josh. She refers to him as "Joshy de moshy."
The problem now is Jason and I keep rhyming even when she is not around. We are cool like that. It is when we do things like this that I know we are meant for each other...I know he really loves me if he will make up silly rhymes with me! Or maybe he just put up with them. I am happy either way!

Ok, back to lunch bunch. In high school we had this thing called "lunch bunch." (are you wondering yet how many times I can say lunch bunch in one post? I am going for a record) My junior and senior years, myself and a group of friends would go to one another's house for lunch everyday and enjoy our Mom's home cooking. It was so much better than taking a sandwich in a paper bag. Mine always ended up smooshed and looking nasty. I look back now and think about how nice our Moms were for making us gourmet (seriously) meals in the middle of the day. If only we could have a lunch bunch now... Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Today I made toasted butternut squash and cheese sandwhiches for the kids. Maister (almost 3) said "It's pretty good." I'll take that.


Ok, so this picture doesn't look so hot. But the kids were hungry and this was the last piece left on the cutting board.
Do you think Gator enjoyed it? YES! And that really says something! This guy is picky. He won't even eat a small cube of cheese. So I was thrilled when he ate this sandwich!
***
For me, I went for a wrap. It was full of veggie goodness, and I enjoyed every last bite. DELISH!
I took a jalapeno and cilantro tortilla and smeared one wedge of reduced fat laughing cow cheese on the bottom. This is my secret to a "moist" wrap without using mayo. I stuffed it full of tomato, green pepper, zucchini, cucumber, mushrooms, tons of spinach, and drizzled it with a little sweet chili sauce.

So when I took the first bite, I think about 1/3 of it fell out of the tortilla. But that's ok. I love eating all of the extra bits that fall out with a fork after I finish the wrap. I can't wait to eat this again tomorrow! I drank a big glass of water, and was still hungry. I went for my favorite chocolate chip cookie. Someday I will post that recipe. YUM!
Peace out, boy scout :)

No comments:

Post a Comment