Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wednesday HOT Run

Jay came home from work early so I could go for a run (he had an early morning meeting that prevented my morning run). I headed out this afternoon prepared for a 5 mile run. The weather was GREAT and I was excited.

I ended up running 6.6 miles at a 6:57 pace. SCORE! Obviously I ran a little further than my original training called for. But I always find myself wanting to go a little further when I see my run coming to an end. As I got about a quarter mile from my house, I realized I would have run abour 5.25 miles, and I was so close to a 10k that I may as well just finish it out right? So I did another quick little loop while I sang to Justin Beiber and Justin Derulo, and before I knew it I was done and had covered 6.6 miles. I felt GOOD when I got home. But it was HOT.

I haven't got my sweat on since last September while running outside. But when I walked in the house this afternoon, I was a glowing mess. And that made me smile. I used to hate sweating, and now I LOVE it. For me, it is a sign that I had a good work out. Oh, and that the weather just might be coming around. Sweet!

I think I will probably head out for a short one tomorrow (3m or so) just cause I always feel better when I start my day with a good run. Will keep you posted.

Oh, and I am considering running a race in 9 days. I will let you know what I decide...I don't have much time to think, so I will decide this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment