Saturday, January 29, 2011

Nike+ Made Me a Liar

Friday, I had a longer run on my training schedule and I was excited! I had a really rough time getting out of bed in time to leave, but I felt so proud of myself for resisting the strong urge to hit snooze again.
*
I began running and it was feeling really good. I decided to do one of my regular routes backwards, just to spice it up a little. --I don't like running the same routes over and over again.-- Anyways, when I got about a 1/4 mile from home I was feeling really good. I considered going a little further, but opted not too cause I knew the kiddos would be waking up soon, and Jay would need to leave for work. I headed home and when I stopped at my house and looked at my Nike+ sport band it read:

PERFECT! I had 8 miles on my schedule, and I ended just right. And to add to it, I had done it in a great time! My day was off to a fantastic start and I was feeling GOOD.
*
But something wasn't sitting right with me. All day I kept running through my route in my head, adding up the miles and it just wasn't adding up. I have run these same streets so many times I am very familiar with the mileage involved. It is actually kind of an obsession I have.

*As I run I go over the miles, during the daydream about different routes I could take and how many miles they would be, it just might be out of control!*

OK, back to my story, I finally logged onto MapMyRun and checked it out. I had infact, only run 7 miles! AHHH. I was in total disbelief. I was so irritated. Because not only had I run 1 less mile than I thought, but that meant my time was completely off. And I didn't know how long my times had been miscalculated on previous runs. So obviously I am not as quick as my previous runs have logged. I don't think they were TOO far off but enough to change things.
*
Moral of the story: Continue calibrating your Nike+ sportband.
*
The End.
*

Has anything like this ever happened to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment